Engineering IT Developer, you will be part of the Engineering IT team for Garrett Motion Inc. and reporting to Engineering 4.0 BP, you will hold a key developer executive role in Engineering 4.0 transformation project with the Engineering teams and business stakeholders. This role requires a direct contribution to extensions for Ansys software written in Python. These extensions enable to run simulation project in a fully automated mode. Another software is used for handling inputs and outputs in workflows as well as from the execution of jobs. These engineering development enterprise systems are used across the Garrett Engineering department by more than 1000+ peoples organized in customer supporting teams and have a direct impact on the cycle time of customer deliverables and also on its quality.
- The job would include participation in analyzing business requirements, creating functional tools, and provide support as well as backlog refinement and prioritization of user stories by working closely with the business and tracking them to completion with measured KPI’s.
- You will be responsible for contributing & reviewing Ansys extensions designs, defining workflows, integrations plumbing with other Process Integration and Design Optimization systems (i.e. Noesis Optimus), participating in defining and collecting requirements for simulation improvements.
- You will participate in agile project management activities and would have regular reporting to the manager and business stakeholders about the health of the projects, mitigate any project related risks.
- You will be part of the software Quality Assurance committee and work in cooperation with Testers and businesses to identify the quality issue and work on improvements.
- You are expected to solve problems with an innovative mindset and leveraging new and upcoming technologies.
- At least 4 years of experience in the field of FEA, CFD, CAD, or any other engineering solution in the role of an engineer or IT developer or any other user.
- Experience with FEA, CFD or CAD systems, especially in definition and implementation (minimum 2 years).
- Experience with scripting, add-in development for engineering applications or engineering application automation (minimum 2 years, ACT experience is huge advantage.).
- Advantage will be any experience with cloud-based systems and architecture in terms of integrating on the cloud – AWS, SFDC, Webhooks, or other related