Gen is a global company powering Digital Freedom through consumer brands including Norton, Avast, LifeLock, Avira, AVG, ReputationDefender, and CCleaner. Our combined heritage is rooted in providing safety for the first digital generations. We bring leading technology solutions in cybersecurity, privacy and identity protection to more than 500 million users in 150 countries so they can live their digital lives safely, privately, and confidently today and for generations to come. We're always looking for smart, fearless, and dedicated people. Together, we have collective passion and a big vision to power Digital Freedom by protecting consumers and giving them control of their digital lives. When you’re a part of Gen, you are provided access to a range of resources and support to ensure you can do your best work and live your best life. This includes flexible working options with generous time off and competitive benefits & compensation packages. Diversity is foundational to how we do business because we know the greatest ideas and results come from our unique perspectives and differences. We strive to create a safe, inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. Team members are valued, respected, and celebrated for who they are in a meaningful and exciting atmosphere. Gen is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs. If this sounds like you—Gen has a dynamic, supportive culture with core values that celebrate diversity, promote teamwork, and encourage every team member to contribute and grow—join us! We are hiring two iOS Developers and will consider all levels. Located in Prague or Brno in Czechia. About the Role As part of our mobile development team, you will work in small, cross-functional teams of engineers, UX designers, and product owners in Czechia/Ireland/Romania/Slovakia/US. You will focus on discovering new customer solution needs by testing the demand, usability, value, and feasibility of new ideas, as well as delivering a robust and scalable implementation of the best ideas that our customers can depend on. In your role, you will be able to learn how to build at scale with a critical mission while also being able to innovate like a startup. You'll tackle some of the most challenging problems in mobile security and privacy, research and suggest implementing new technologies, and work with a cross-functional team in a collaborative environment. What You Will Do in This Role
- Participate in Agile development activities, including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos.
- Deliver incremental working software and test automation with each sprint.
- Quickly and efficiently design, implement, and test great, high-quality mobile software.
- Use good architectural judgment in developing software and test automation.
- Participate in peer code/design/test reviews and be receptive to fellow experts, helping you improve your craft.
- Utilize good debugging and problem-solving, both individually and in a team.
- Develop tools and documents and be able to train others.
- Use static analysis and code coverage to improve code quality.
- Participate in team discussions on continual improvement.
- Present/demo completed work in agile meetings clearly and concisely.
What You’ll Need to be Successful in this Role
- Solid iOS software engineering experience, developing scalable production software, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals.
- Are passionate about clean code and quality development practices.
- Possess in-depth technical knowledge of native iOS application development (Swift) and testing.
- Experience with SwiftUI is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a fast learner and self-starter.
- Have empathy for your customers and colleagues.
- Driven by doing work that matters. You will make the world more secure.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, capable of performing well as part of a high-performing team.
- Having experience with publishing iOS apps on the App Store is a plus.
- Having experience with automated testing (unit tests, functional tests, visual tests) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration using TeamCity or other similar tools is a plus.
- Annual bonus scheme
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off), flexible working hours & home office.
- The chance to join a major global tech company listed on the S&P 500.
- Opportunity to learn and work with the best in the Digital Security industry
- Cafeteria points are provided by Benefit Plus (meal plan, pension insurance, travel, free time activities, multisport card, and much more).
- Tuition reimbursement for job-related courses
- Learning & Development plan.
- Sustainable home improvement bonus
- Mac/Windows laptop and mobile phone
#LI-DNI Gen is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Gen strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider employment-qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, we will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency .
Gen complies with all anti-discrimination laws.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S. Government.